Enphase microinverters and Hyundai shingled solar modules. The best of both worlds
Solar installers are often looking for a high performing, high quality solar system combination they can offer customers. Enphase Energy’s range of microinverters paired with Hyundai’s range of shingled solar modules are a great solution.
The 7 key benefits of matching these manufacturers range of products are:
1. Latest solar module technology
The shingle cell technology used in Hyundai solar modules is the latest design on the market today delivering improved energy harvest and higher reliability over conventional solar modules.
Conventional solar modules are made up of a number of solar cells electrically connected using metallic busbars. The solar cells on conventional solar modules have gaps around them and busbars typically cross over the cells to link them together. Shingled solar modules have layers of solar cells which physically touch each other and are electrically connected via an electrically conductive adhesive (ECA).
This eliminates the need for metallic busbars. This method means there is no gaps between the solar cells increasing the surface area of the silicon cells in the solar module. Plus, there are no busbars covering the cells which reduces the light on the solar cells. This improves the performance of the solar module.
Shingled solar modules from Hyundai are visually appealling with either white back sheet or black back sheet options.
2. Latest microinverter technology
Innovation is at the core of Enphase Energy with regular improvements in the performance of their microinverter technology. Choosing Enphase microinverters allows you to benefit from the latest in their range of microinverter technology available both now and into the future, including the new highly innovative IQ8 range.
Enphase Energy’s range of microinverters deliver improved performance, reliability, and safety.
3. No limit to design options
Using Enphase microinverters and separate solar modules allows enormous flexibility for design options and installation to optimise every project to suit customer requirements.
- Portrait or landscape installation
- Variety of solar module models to suit the site and customers’ requirements in the areas of price, aesthetics (black back sheet or white back sheet), and performance.
- Various Enphase microinverter models to optimise system design
- Option for extended warranty so you only pay for the warranty period that’s required by the customer
- Additional solar modules can be used in other applications. Off grid jobs or with other inverters that may be requested by the customer
- Over or under-sized solar modules can be selected to optimise the system design
4. Better pricing opportunities
The regular manufacturers and wholesaler promotions can allow improved buying opportunities for micro inverters and solar modules separately. When new models are released, older modules may be discounted, and volume purchases can also improve pricing.
5. Improved efficiency from simpler installation process
The microinverters are separate from the solar modules so they can be taken to the roof independently from the solar modules. The inverter and wiring can be easily installed without having to handle the solar modules which are bulky and difficult to move around on the roof. Once the inverters are installed, the wiring completed and tested, the solar modules are simply connected to the inverters and attached to the racking knowing everything has been checked and tested.
6. Established manufacturers, reducing warranty and replacement risk
Manufacturer’s warranty is direct with both Enphase and Hyundai. Companies who have been established for decades with a significant track record of honouring warranties.
7. Remove solar modules without disrupting inverters
Solar modules can be removed without affecting inverter mounting and wiring. This allows easy access to various components should a component replacement be required in future. Ongoing support is provided from Enphase Energy and Hyundai directly.