The global market leader in smart energy storage
sonnen GmbH (proprietary name and abbreviated form: sonnen) is a company in the energy industry headquartered in Wildpoldsried in the district of Oberallgäu, Germany. Sonnen produces home energy storage systems for private households and businesses. The company is considered the market leader in Germany and additional international markets. Moreover, it is the center of a community for supplying power from renewable energies.
- Operator of the world’s largest electricity sharing platform
- Fully-owned by Shell New Energies as of March 2019
- Multiple national and international awards
- More than 45,000 storage assets installed worldwide
- Manufacturing facilities on three continents