Innovative Graduate Engineer* – Cairns
Leading solar wholesaler in the Asia-Pacific region
Apply your engineering skills to market-leading solar power technologies and lead the way in Australia’s shift to a clean energy future.
- Generous salary package – attractive base salary + super + eligibility for bonus and employee share ownership scheme.
- Culture of excellence and team work – staff are led by a management team that empowers employees to be creative, work autonomously and to actively contribute ideas and opinions to business decisions.
- Be cutting-edge – you’ll be working with market-leading technologies and acknowledged industry experts (such as our MD who has won multiple Australian Engineering Awards) and developing industry-leading products.
- Huge growth potential – our business continues to grow rapidly – our team have more than doubled since the beginning of the COVID pandemic. Renewable energy is a growth sector that offers great long-term career opportunities.
- Fast-track your career and become an industry expert – we offer an established pathway from Account Management to Key Account Management and other senior sales and managerial roles. With our support you’ll quickly develop and grow a customer portfolio of leading solar businesses and become a trusted advisor in your own right.
- Flexible career path opportunities – Being a multi-departmental business, we offer a range of career paths that involve varying levels of responsibility, client interaction, project management, manufacturing, people management, sales and much more. We cater your specific role around your strengths and interests.
- Great working environment – a team of 34 likeminded & motivated people where you’ll closely work with 4-10 people.
- Potential travel opportunities – At times, staff have travelled across Australia, to Europe, New Zealand and US for conferences, to run training events or to acquire specialised training.
- Modern office workplace – our office is centrally located 5 minutes from the city with excellent facilities and fringe benefits including staff breakout areas, pool table, dart board, massage chair, gym, electric scooters. Other benefits include an annual company retreat, employee discounts and ‘Perkbox’ membership.
AC Solar Warehouse is one of the largest specialist solar wholesalers in the Asia/Pacific region. In 11 years, we’ve grown from a start-up to become the largest wholesaler of Enphase Energy and SolarEdge inverters and stockists of other leading brands including SMA, Sungrow, Selectronic, Hyundai, Clenergy and Sonnen. Our blue-chip customers include some of Australia’s largest and most respected solar retail businesses. Our administration office with local distribution centres are located in Cairns & Melbourne, and we distribute throughout Australia and New Zealand from warehouses in Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide, Perth, Auckland and Christchurch.
Yet it’s our expertise and our incredible team that has driven our rapid evolution into one of Australia’s leading innovators in the renewable energy industry. Our Managing Director has won multiple National Engineering Excellence Awards, including the Engineers Australia Engineering Technologist of The Year. Our sales and engineering team are constantly evaluating new products and technologies and bringing these to market. In the last few years, members of our team have:
- Travelled to Europe to participate in specialised product training
- Developed a range of industry-leading residential and commercial switchboards.
- Been a primary supplier of stock and the Engineering consultant for the installation of commercial solar systems for more than 300 schools across Queensland in a 3 year project.
- Provided design assistance and engineering sign-off for the largest roof-top solar power project in Australia.
- Attended and exhibited at solar industry conferences around Australia and the US.
Our vision is a world powered by renewable energy. We partner with world-leading manufacturers and solar installers across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific to make high quality solar power systems accessible to everyone.
About the Role:
Our Engineering & Account Management team currently consists of 12 professional Electrical Engineers ranging in experience from graduates to respected industry veterans, and we’re expanding our team to support the continued rapid growth of our business. We’re looking for a positive, talented Graduate Engineer to provide support to the Engineering and Account Management team in the design, documentation, supply, installation and after sales support of solar power systems and related products. This includes activities such as preparing schematic diagrams, assisting with quoting, design of domestic and commercial systems, providing technical support to our retail customers, and other administrative and account management functions allied to engineering.
You’ll have a track record of fast learning and achievement in an electrical related field as we’re looking for someone who can quickly progress to becoming a product technical expert and advisor in their own right – developing a detailed knowledge of the products we sell and solar power system design in general. This is a great opportunity for someone who has excelled in the past, to make their mark in a fast-growing company at the forefront of its industry.
- *Bachelor of Electrical or Renewable Engineering or a related discipline. Or almost completed degree – see note below.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
- Demonstrated past achievement in academic, personal or professional endeavours.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and apply engineering expertise to solve problems.
- Proven ability to work harmoniously, both one-on-one and collaboratively in past roles.
An immediate start is on offer, however consideration will also be given to graduates completing their degree within the next 3-6 months. * Note, if you are close to finishing or have completed an appropriate degree in the last few years and want to join a highly motivated group of engineers who are making a real difference in the world, this may be the role for you. Please complete the online application form and submit your CV and a cover letter highlighting your fit with the selection criteria.